28 October 2014 - 18:00 - Royal Geographical Society, 1 Kensington Gore, London
Think you've discovered Galapagos? Think again!
We are pleased to announce the return of Galapagos Day this year after a two year break. In partnership with the Royal Geographical Society (RGS) we will be showcasing our exciting new interactive web-based resource Discovering Galapagos in a unique event format.
Guests will embark on a one-of-a-kind journey of discovery around the prestigious RGS building travelling through special zones matched to aspects of the project. Exhibits will offer a range of material from digital interactive activities from the Discovering Galapagos website through to historical memorabilia from the Voyage of the Beagle. There will also be the opportunity to attend a suite of talks on a range of topics by experts in their field.
- Kelvin Boot, natural history writer and BBC broadcaster
- Jason Ali, Associate Professor of Earth Sciences at the University of Hong Kong
- Henry Nicholls, author of The Galapagos: A Natural History
- Ian Dunn, CEO of the Galapagos Conservation Trust
Other exhibitors include:
- Silversea, event sponsor and luxury cruise operator
- Members of the 1972 Cambridge and London Galapagos Islands Expedition
- David Gordon, Chairman of The Book Bus
- Randal Keynes, great-great-grandson of Charles Darwin and a walking Galapagos library
- Charlotte Moreton, ecologist and artist
- Amie Shuttleworth and Jon Waite, sustainability engineers with 3 months on the ground experience in Galapagos in 2014
- Robert E. Fuller, British wildlife artist
We hope to see as many of our supports as possible at this event to join us in re-discovering Galapagos, so book now before it's too late!